TM develops a purpose-built data centre and invests in Nusajaya Tech Park26 Mar 2015
JOINT NEWS RELEASE
26 March 2015
TM DEVELOPS A PURPOSE-BUILT DATA CENTRE AND INVESTS IN
NUSAJAYA TECH PARK
TM partners Nusajaya Tech Park to realise the Nusajaya Smart City aspiration
- Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) and Nusajaya Tech Park Sdn Bhd (NTPSB) today inked three (3) separate agreements towards developing a flagship tech park in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor. The collaboration covers a broad scope including connectivity, data centre and cloud services, as well as smart services which will be readily available to all locators and business owners in the park.
- Strategically located just minutes from the Malaysia-Singapore Second Link expressway, the 210-hectare (519 acres) Nusajaya Tech Park is an integrated, ecofriendly tech park jointly developed by Ascendas, Asia’s leading provider of business space solutions, and UEM Sunrise Berhad (UEM Sunrise) through its wholly owned subsidiary, UEM Land Berhad (UEM Land). To be built in phases over nine (9) years, the first batch of its Ready-Built Facilities is slated for completion by end-2015. When fully developed, the park is expected to house and support some 200 local and international enterprises.
New Nusajaya Data Centre in Nusajaya Tech Park
- The first agreement will see the construction of a purpose-built data centre at the tech park which will be carried out by NTPSB and operated by VADS Berhad (VADS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of TM and one of the nation’s leading Integrated Managed ICT and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) service providers. The development of the Nusajaya Data Centre (NJDC) will be implemented in three (3) phases with phase one (1) of the development expected to be ready in the second half of 2016.
- The NJDC will be TM’s largest purpose-built data centre. This carrier-neutral data centre, with an international network gateway, will serve as a regional hub for VADS Cloud and Managed Data Centre services. With a safe and secured data centre within the vicinity of Nusajaya Tech Park, businesses can reduce their ICT complexities by out-tasking, thereby enjoying low latency international connectivity.
Collaboration on ICT Infrastructure/Services and Smart Services
- The second agreement saw TM as the preferred service provider for ICT infrastructure and services within the tech park. With this, Nusajaya Tech Park will be High-Speed Broadband (HSBB) ready and businesses can enjoy high quality connectivity from day one of their business operations in the park. Providing customers with a ready business environment, they can also opt for turn-on ICT services that meet their requirements instantly, making business easier for locators and business owners in the park.
- A third agreement was inked between NTPSB and Inneonusa Sdn Bhd – a tripartite joint venture between TM, UEM Land and Iskandar Investment Berhad (IIB) – to jointly explore the development of smart services that include safety and security services for the tech park. The collaboration will offer a differentiated customer experience to companies in Nusajaya Tech Park where they can truly enjoy a smart and integrated work environment.
- Commenting on the partnership agreements, Tan Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa, Group Chief Executive Officer, TM, said, “The establishment of the NJDC and the collaboration on smart services is a step forward in realising the Nusajaya Smart City aspiration. Coupled with TM’s extensive high-speed converged telecommunication infrastructure, we are confident that this will strengthen Malaysia’s position globally. Besides offering a full suite of Managed Data Centre Services, the NJDC will also house our regional Cloud Hub, offering businesses a cost efficient solution for their capital expenditure while giving them the flexibility to grow their business.”
- “We are excited about this collaboration which is a first for TM and Ascendas. We hope that we will be able to replicate this partnership for all future developments in the region,” he added.
- . “We welcome TM to the Nusajaya Tech Park community and are proud to strengthen our park’s position as a preferred location for leading corporations,” said Manohar Khiatani, President and Group Chief Executive Officer of Ascendas and Chairman of NTPSB. “The collaboration is a synergistic one that aligns with our vision to create a landmark tech park development in Nusajaya. By offering smart services to our park locators, we reinforce our commitment to providing integrated end-to-end business space solutions to companies. We are confident that Nusajaya Tech Park will continue to play a central role in catalysing industrial growth and creating an ecosystem of high value-added industries in Nusajaya and Iskandar Malaysia.”
- “Today’s signing is a major milestone for Nusajaya Tech Park which further validates our commitment to establish Gerbang Nusajaya as the gateway to the region, and the commercial and business engine for Nusajaya in Iskandar Malaysia. This also puts us on track for the creation of 22,000 jobs in Nusajaya Tech Park by 2020,” said Raymond Cheah, Chief Operating Officer, Commercial, UEM Sunrise and Board Member of NTPSB.
- The event also saw the attendance of Wan Ahmad Kamal Wan Halim, Executive Vice President, TM, Azhar Omar, State Vice President (Johor), TM, Massimo Migliuolo, Chief Executive Officer of VADS and Chief Executive Officer of Inneonusa and Kamal Mokri, Chief Financial Officer, Inneonusa while NTPSB were represented by Dato’ Izzaddin Idris, Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, UEM Group Berhad, the parent company of UEM Sunrise, Azhar Othman, Chief Financial Officer of UEM Sunrise and William Tay, Chief Executive Officer, Ascendas South-east Asia.